History of Saint Rose
St. Rose of Lima Catholic School first opened its doors in 1959 and was staffed by the Daughters of Charity. Joined by supportive parents and member of the local parishes, the Sisters took up their mission of providing for the academic and faith development of local students. The school began with a total of 90 students in the first four grades and grew steadily during the next decade, reaching a peak of 346 students in eight grades by the 1963-1964 school year. After the closure of Larson Air Force Base, enrollment declined. The school suffered another setback when the Daughters of Charity, limited by the decreasing numbers in their own order, could no longer provide teachers for the school.
Convinced of the importance of a faith-based education, a dedicated group of supporters refused to give up on the school. Through a period of hard work, St. Rose of Lima School began to grow again. Today, the school continues to offer classes from preschool through sixth grade. Students attending the school came from Ephrata, Moses Lake, Soap Lake, Quincy, George and Crescent Bar.